Tuesday 10 December 2013

Holiday Misc

Hello blog readers, 

If you read my last blog post then you probably understand that these summer holidays I was hoping to do more these holidays. It has now been 1-2 weeks into the holidays and I haven't been doing much. I like to call it "extreme chilling". And the funny thing about it, is that I am enjoying it a lot. I mean I have been baking cakes redecorating my room, cleaning up a little bit here and there, and just all round max relaxin'. In today's generation especially we have the severe problem of "boredom". You will always find facebook statuses about it or even seeing it fill up your twitter. I don't think people realise that there are solutions to this epidemic. Here are just a couple of suggestions however I am thinking of dedicating a full blog post about "Boredom" just because it seems to affect people everywhere no matter where you are. 

Now on with the list! 

- Try a DIY project with your sibling/s or friends

This is typically a "girly" project, however you will have a lot of fun looking for things around the house and being really creative. I suggest keeping it simple and perhaps look for some tutorials online. I made a dolls house with my little sister the other day and it was lots of fun! Watch out for future blog posts as I might upload some pictures. 

- Clean 
I know this is a little bit of a generalised statement, but during the schooling year your room or wardrobe may have gotten a little bit out of hand. This may even be getting rid of clothes you no longer need/want and getting clothes for the new season. 

- Bake/Cook something

During the schooling days I never get to cook or bake or do anything of that sort, just simply because I don't have the time. However I find that it can be really fun (except for washing up) and can be enjoyed by the whole family. You could even make little  cupcakes for friends or if they don't really like sweet things maybe something savory. Last week I made banana cake and a couple of days after a made carrot cake. We had a couple of carrots and banana's in our house and all the ingredients to make a cake and so I made a cake. However I have to say the carrot cake didn't turn out as planned. It can be as simple as searching up a recipe on the internet or even getting a recipe from your favorite cooking book. 


So here are just three ideas however I will have many more coming soon so stay tuned! 

-Padfoot 



No comments:

Post a Comment